Search for content in message boards

Griffith Evans born Trawsfynydd c1800

Replies: 0

Griffith Evans born Trawsfynydd c1800

Posted: 7 Jun 2013 11:28AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 5 Apr 2014 12:02PM GMT
Hello,
I’m seeking information regarding ancestors and relations of Griffith Evans, an agricultural labourer born at Trawsfynydd around 1790 - 1803.
Griffith married at Pentrefoelas in 1819 to Sarah Morris, born Cerrigydrudion, witnessed by her brother John Morris and a William Jones. They lived in the farmland south of the now A5 in the area extending between Cerrigydrudion and Ysbyty Ifan.
Their children were Catherine born 1819, Evan, Mary, William, Margaret, Elinor, Griffith and David Evans born 1840. As the wife’s parents were Catherine and William Morris it is likely that Griffith’s were called Evan and Mary.
I have been unable to find a christening for Griffith in Trawsfynydd under any surname in the Bishop’s Transcripts on Genuki or IGI. I have not been able to link him to his birth family.
As the Evans surname is well known and probably well researched in Trawsfynydd through the Hedd Wyn connection I thought it might be worth asking if anyone has any further information as to my Griffith’s ancestry.
Thanks
Gaynor

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions