Search for content in message boards

DAVIES of Llangurig and Trefeglwys

Replies: 3

DAVIES of Llangurig and Trefeglwys

Posted: 30 Dec 2012 1:49AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 30 Dec 2012 8:57AM GMT
Surnames: Davies ,Edwards
Hoping to find others researching my family.

Richard DAVIES born Llangurig abt 1812 married Mary (surname unknown). This Richard was widowed in 1881 and living in Glynbrochan (farmer of 160 acres) with 2 unmarried children.

Their eldest son Richard (b1832 Llangurig – 1918 Trefeglwys) is my gt gt gt grandfather. Richard married Mary (surname also Davies) and had 10 children: Mary Jane b1861, Richard b1864, John b 1866, Margaret b 1868, Elizabeth (Lizzie) b 1871, Matilda (Tille) b1873, Ellen Louise (Nellie) b1876, and Thomas Edward b 1882. By 1871 the family were living in Bodaioch Hall in Trefeglwys, raising sheep. Thomas’ daughter Mary still lives there.

Richard and Mary’s eldest daughter Mary Jane married Richard EDWARDS in 1881 and had 3 children – Mary Eleanor (aka Nellie m Llew Mills no issue), Richard Asaph and John Ernest (my gt grandfather). The two boys emigrated to Australia and had 2 (both living) and 8 (3 living incl my grandmother aged 91yrs) children respectively.

When Richard snr died in 1897 Mary Jane married his nephew John Henry Davies and had 2 more children – Gwladys Myfanwy (m Charles Ioworth Evans no issue) and Cecil Edgar (m Adeline Breed no issue). This family lived in Talgarth House in Llanidloes.

I’m having lots of trouble tracing marriages/issue/deaths of Mary Jane’s siblings. I know that Thomas married Anna Mary Owen. I believe Lizzie married James Fulcher and Nellie married Evan Evans, but can’t confirm these hunches as yet. For the others I have no marriages or deaths.

Please contact me if you know anything of this family! Any bit of info would be helpful – contact with actual family members thrilling!!!!!

Sharon
Newcastle Australia
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Sharon McDerm... 30 Dec 2012 8:49AM GMT 
jqaswell 21 Feb 2013 4:15PM GMT 
Sharon McDerm... 24 Feb 2013 1:19AM GMT 
jqaswell 24 Feb 2013 2:09PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic