Search for content in message boards

Thomas Picton Davies

Replies: 5

Re: Thomas Picton Davies

Posted: 31 Mar 2013 1:05PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi Sandra,
Yes I think I may focus my attention back towards JAMAICA.
the book you mentioned sounds good, I will order it.
In 2007 I had some research done by the JAMAICA Island Record Office. Only 3hrs worth, at the time it was $30 for 3 hrs research and £20 for an international money draft which they required! They gave me 2 births and 1 death. If the payment requirements have changed I may try again.
I have a geneologist friend who took out a short subscription to the Jamaican family Search site you mentioned, nothing was found, but there is much to trawl through, so it may be worth having another go. I have also looked at the LDS records.
David Withers has done much research for his excellent website,http://www.davidwithers.kgbinternet.com/ where the (PICTON) DAVIES family are part of his family history. His mother and my mother are 1st cousins. Although his mother's account of Thomas's relocation differs slightly from that of my mother,in that my mother thinks he was already married before leaving for JAMAICA, there is plenty of common ground in the story. The fact is that my great grandmother, MARGARET BARRY, NEE(PICTON)DAVIES,)did spend her childhood on a plantation in JAMAICA. My mother remembers her grandmother MARGARET BARRY, NEE(PICTON)DAVIES describing her life on a plantation. My mother will be 97 this year and I had hoped I could find out more, as time is not on our side.
Thank you so much for your interest,
Regards,
Roseanne
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
roseannek1 26 Mar 2013 10:21PM GMT 
Merice46 27 Mar 2013 8:39PM GMT 
roseannek1 31 Mar 2013 1:32AM GMT 
Merice46 31 Mar 2013 5:10AM GMT 
Merice46 31 Mar 2013 6:12AM GMT 
roseannek1 31 Mar 2013 7:05PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic