Search for content in message boards

will of James LOTT 1770-1835 from Narberth

Replies: 5

Re: will of James LOTT 1770-1835 from Narberth

Posted: 6 Jul 2013 1:40AM GMT
Classification: Birth
Edited: 6 Jul 2013 9:14AM GMT
Surnames: Brace, Froyne, John , Froyne, Williams
I have transscribed the full parish registers of Monkton st Nicholas, Pembroke St Mary and St Michael. I have finished the recording and research into the last of the headstones and memorials at Monkton St Nicholas, obtainable from the church, I have also nearly completed the recording and research of Pembroke St Mary & Pembroke St Michael Headstones and Internal Memorials.

I can confirm that there are absolutely no patronymics in this area. I also said that I would love to be contradicted and proven totally wrong, by the evidence of its use in at least 3 fully confirmed proven and researched generations.

The high error rate of the IGI (Family Search to those more modern researchers) goes no where near the proof required, which can only come from the use and sight of original documents.

The following from my transcription of the original Parish Registers :
Monkton St Nicholas Baptism Register 1711 to 1950’s
29 Apr 184 Mary to William & Ester Brace baptized
17 Jan 1820 James to Willm & Esther Brace baptized

Other Brace children are baptized 1760 ~ 1809, at this Parish to John & Mary, John & Sarah & William & Anne.

There is nothing that shows the use of patronymics in any of these parishes. I really do not understand the fixation of people determined to prove they are descended by the use of patronymics, gosh ~ its hard enough under normal circurmstances without adding unwanted brick walls to climb.

There are no Male “Brace” mrge’s around the time of your interest, the following from my database may be of interest
Monkton St Nicholas Mrge
Thomas John of Pwlcrochan married Rebecca Brace of the parish of Monkton by banns 12 Oct 1805 in front of Nicholas Roch. Both made their make in the presence of William Brace and William Froyne
Benjamin Williams of Monkton married Elizabeth Brace of Monkton by banns 19 Oct 1776 in front of William Holcombe. Both made their makr in the presence of Thomas Brace and George James.
Monkton Parish Register Burials
15 June 1807 Esther Brace
16 Nov 1809 Mary Brace a child
28 Sep 1812 Sarah Brace 28
The above only comes from my databases pre 1813, but can search further if you require.

I have not added here the Brace of St Mary or St Michael, have to rush away for the weekend

Rgds
Owen Ap Benfro
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Embrace 17 Jan 2012 9:43PM GMT 
Orielbenfro 18 Jan 2012 8:15AM GMT 
Embrace 6 Jul 2013 5:44AM GMT 
Orielbenfro 6 Jul 2013 7:40AM GMT 
Orielbenfro 19 Jan 2012 4:01PM GMT 
Embrace 20 Jan 2012 12:15AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic