Search for content in message boards

George HAYES b. abt 1808 Stackpole, Pembrokeshire/Jane APESTER

Replies: 1

Re: George HAYES b. abt 1808 Stackpole, Pembrokeshire/Jane APESTER

Posted: 26 Apr 2013 2:18AM GMT
Classification: Biography
Edited: 26 Apr 2013 2:46PM GMT
Surnames: Hay, Burton, Wade
From my complete transcription of the parish registers of Stackpole Elidor I note the following ;
17 Jan 1808 George to George & Rebecka Hay baptized.

With the introduction of the new type register in 1813 I note from my transcription the following
24 Jan 1819 George to George & Rebecca Hay of North Park a labr baptized by James Summers
16 Dec 1821 Sarah to George & Rebecca Hay of North Park a lbar baptized by F. Geo. Leach
02 Jul 1826 William to George & Rebecca Hay of Woodsend a labr baptized by Octavious Leach (this child was noted as 6yrs and 4 mths old at baptism)

Other Hay families lived at Westfield, South Hill Trewent and Pennywen in Stackpole and at Lammaston in the parish of Pembroke St Michael.

07 Mar 1807 George Hay of Stackpole elidor mrd Rebecka Wade of Stackpole Elidor by banns in front of chas Pigott Pritchard. Both made their mark in the presence of Jane(X) Griffiths and Dinah (X) Vane.

Alas whilst there are other Hay’s baptized earlier in the parish, there is not George baptized at Stackpole between 1770 and 1790.

Again from my same transcription I note the following burials for your interest
George Hay of Yerbeston Lane in the Parish of Monkton St Nicholas buried 21 Aug 1840 by F. Geo Leach
Rebecca Hay of Orielton Mountain in the parish of Monkton St Nicholas buried 19 Aug 1834 aged 14 mths by F. Geo Leach
Elizabeth Hay of Trewent Stackpole Elidor buried 03 Dec 1828 aged 80 yrs by Rev’d Vaughan who was curate of St Twynnells

With reference shown to Monkton St Nicholas I turned to my transcription of the parish registers of Monkton and can confirm there appears to be no reference to the family in that parish.

From my transcription of the parish registers of Pembroke St Michael for the period 1711 to 1950’s I note that
Thos Hay of Pembroke St Mary married Jane Burton a Widow of Pembroke St Michael by banns on the 19 Aug 1777 in front of John Evans. Both made their mark in the presence of John pudnor and William Froyn

From my transcription of the parish registers of Pembroke St Mary, I can confirm that there is no reference to the baptism of a George Hay(s)(es) in St Mary or St Michael or Monkton to suit the George Hay of your research.

There may be found some reference to Elizabeth Wade or George Hay in the Wade & Hay wills on the NLoW website. Elizabeth does not appear to be in or around Stackpole and Pembroke.

Rgds
Owen Ap Benfro
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
jbishop56 26 Apr 2013 1:46AM GMT 
Orielbenfro 26 Apr 2013 8:18AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic