Search for content in message boards

Re : The Mayers, Drayton and Thorne Families.

Replies: 0

Re : The Mayers, Drayton and Thorne Families.

Posted: 25 Apr 2012 4:25PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: drayton, Mayers and Thorne
Hi Frances,
This is Melanie Whittaker again replying to your response. My dad and cousin have carried out some research on my Great Grandmother Louise Drayton, as my dad did not know his Grandmother. They found out that Louise had a partner called Aubrey Maitland, (my Great Grandfather)and had two young daughters from him : Golda Maitland,(my Grandmother) and her younger sister Eileen Maitland(my Great Aunt). Louise was separated from my Great Granfather when my Great Grandmother and Great Aunt when they were very young,probably due to the fact that my Great Grandfather was black. My Great Grandfather travelled to America to be with Louise, but they were sent back. My GrandMother and her sister were then informed that their mother Louise had passed away. Loise was then sent from America To Staffordshire, England to Practice as a nun, she therefore could not declare that she had children. She acquired the name 'Sister Rose Columba.' My dad (Lionel Whittaker) was practicing as a Nursing Tutor in the south of England in the 1970s, totally unaware that his Grandmother was still alive, only a few miles away. I hope this information is helpful to you. My Grandmother Golda passed away in 1987, and my Great Aunt Eileen passed away in March 2012 at the age of 99yrs.

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions