Search for content in message boards

von Holstein, Holstein,

Replies: 30

Re: Greatgrandfather Emile Holstein

Posted: 4 Aug 2013 6:10PM GMT
Classification: Biography
Edited: 4 Aug 2013 6:13PM GMT
Surnames: Holstein, Fischer, Freily
In case you're still researching the Emile, son of Frederick and married to Candida Freily, this is what we've found. I am Emile's great-great-granddaughter, fyi and have a picture of the couple.

He was born in 1861 to Miss Adelaide Fischer, a Lady of the Court (Fischer is one of the ancient Danish noble surnames), and Frederick VIII, Crown Prince of Denmark. This places the age of Adelaide at the time of the birth at around 16, and Frederick around 18yrs.
A few of us are working on the genealogy of this line, and word of mouth has us believe that Emile may have been a twin (can't confirm), that he and the possible twin were educated by the state (so I'm assuming a male twin, based on gender roles back then), and Emile was given a position as a naval engineer, which probably explains his relocating to the West Indies.
At the age of 25, Emile married Candida Freily (19yrs.) in the Virgin Islands. My great-grandmother Louisa (their third child) is believed to have been born in Barbados, but we know that the family eventually landed in Grenada. Emile drown at sea in Sauters, Grenada on March 17th, 1906.

The family tree is on Ancestry, as well as the one managing the tree has this excellent web page already: http://familytreemaker.genealogy.com/users/r/a/y/Mike-Raysid...

I highly doubt Emile was born in St. Croix, but then again, nobody can trace Adelaide (his mother) so perhaps she crossed when she was pregnant. Extremely doubtful as the unwed 16yr. old that she was, and contradictory to the information that Emile was educated by the state (I assume this to be Denmark/Northern Germany).
If you have any information, documents, pictures, etc., it would be amazing to see!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
dianapickett1... 17 May 2012 10:44PM GMT 
alfalu 19 May 2012 1:11AM GMT 
dianapickett1... 19 May 2012 11:56AM GMT 
andrea_holste... 5 Aug 2013 12:10AM GMT 
dsmothe11 8 May 2002 12:27PM GMT 
Richard Bond 9 May 2002 12:06AM GMT 
dsmothe11 2 Nov 2002 9:20AM GMT 
Richard Bond 5 Nov 2002 2:03AM GMT 
dsmothe11 6 Nov 2002 12:28PM GMT 
soulsistah196... 28 Apr 2007 3:27AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions