Replies: 10

Jackson Family Tree

Myron Jackson (View posts)
Posted: 12 Sep 2000 6:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Jackson, Cooper
Dear Cousin Iris,

My name is Myron Jackson the great great great grandson of
George Edmund Jackson, who was the father of Issac, who was the father of Elias Jackson and Peter G. Jackson. Your grandfather Ignatius Jackson, and my grandfather Ohanio Jackson, were first cousins. For over twenty-five years I have been working on our family tree and I am happy to see their is a family member interested in our family history.

My grandfather was born on the island of St. Croix in the year 1899. As a young man he relocated to the island of St. Thomas. On sure thing was he kepted in touch with our beloved Cousin Ignatius and family members on St. Croix. This tradition we still continue to this day.

As I have been told by the elders in our family the Carib Indian part of our family come from the female line known to us a Grannie Kate. Her given name was Cathrine Copper, born on St. Croix abt 1850 (born after Emancipation). It appears that her family were mixed and may have been originally from the town of Christiansted, and later relocated to Frederiksted. It is here that she may have meet her husband Issac Jackson,born in Frederiksted abt.1846. His father George E. Jackson was born in Frederiksted abt 1814. Due to the free status his mother at the time of his birth he received Free status. His mother's name was Elisabeth Schampin born on St. Croix a slave abt. 1787. Her mother was born in Africa. This fact I unveiled during my recent summer trip to the Danish National Archives, in Copenhagen, Denmark.

I was able to trace the Jackson family to George and meet a road block. I requested the assistance of Dr. Sven Holsoe,Historian, and he was able to provided the link to George's mother. I took it from there and I am still trying to piece this extensive family web together.

Hope to here from you soon Iris and if you desire to talk by telephone you may call and Aunt Enid will provide you with my telephone number, or e-mail me a message.

Take good care and warmest regards to your mother and family.

Cousin Myron
Charlotte Amalie, St. THomas
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Iris Morris 5 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT 
Iris Morris 6 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT 
Richard Bond 7 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT 
Richard Bond 7 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT 
Leslie Taylor 20 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT 
Myron Jackson 12 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT 
armycat26 28 Nov 2008 10:54PM GMT 
tahlaad 8 Sep 2011 5:27PM GMT 
armycat26 28 Nov 2008 10:47PM GMT