Search for content in message boards

Andreas Baa, late 1700s

Replies: 14

Re: Andreas Baa, late 1700s

J. Tracy (View posts)
Posted: 9 Aug 2004 7:59PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Andreas Baa
Hello! There is another poster in the St. Thomas message board, that is also a distant relative of Baa.P.Samuels.You may want to read her posts and email her as well.She has alot of information, as i have spoken to her. She is very nice. Information on the Dutch Reformed Church can be found in the Archives in St. Thomas, i believe.The Baa family were
Catholic as well, i would check those records. If you find any info through those chanels, please tell me. I am very excited, as i am trying to connect the Baa family with the Queeman/Cruse family.I was told a long time ago that Andreas was a Cheiftan. I don't know if it is true or not, you know how family lore is.He was described as being very regal,very dark and dignified looking.It is very difficult, because alot of the early family are Mulattoes.Alot of distant relatives of Ba or Baa run into a brick wall.The racial line is not consistant.Andreas was released from slavery sometime between 1770- 1783. He quickly moved to St. Croix.I don't know the connection between Baa And Rogiers, but the name Rogiers is French for Rogers, i think. (French Mullato?) Check The Archives in St. Thomas. Enid did an extensive history of European
families and settlers on the islands. You may find the answers there. Remember, the big throw off is that the Baa Family as well as many families in the Caribbean (my own included) intermarried and intermixed all the time and deviated their surnames.Take care and good luck! J. Tracy.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
nycdi 12 Mar 2003 7:24PM GMT 
Yvonne Cambridge 23 Feb 2004 12:20AM GMT 
nycdi 25 Feb 2004 6:30AM GMT 
Richard Bond 9 Mar 2004 1:31AM GMT 
GROOVYGUCCIMA... 9 Aug 2004 2:44AM GMT 
nycdi 9 Aug 2004 4:33PM GMT 
J. Tracy 10 Aug 2004 1:59AM GMT 
Monique Baa 13 Apr 2014 1:28AM GMT 
Dolores_Peter... 2 Jan 2013 1:27AM GMT 
GROOVYGUCCIMA... 9 Aug 2004 2:50AM GMT 
per page