Search for content in message boards

PEDRESEN family

Replies: 8

Re: PEDRESEN family

Karl W. Frederiksen (View posts)
Posted: 6 Nov 2006 12:41AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi Eric,

'Aunt Vi' and 'Papa Lou' had 10 children. Those still around are: 'Morty' (Arnold Mortimer), Edwin ('Chicken'), Louis ('Junie'), Mario and James ('Jimmie'); those who have passed on are: Marie (died as a young child); Edna, Johnny, George and Olga. Also, Maggie married an Espinosa (not Encarnacion).

I did some research on Aunt Vi's maternal family recently-- KRIGGER/WHITEHEAD/LEIDESDORFF/CHRISTIAN/GORDON, some of which I've shared with Morty already and some other that I promised him and am way behind on.

I have been unable to locate anything on her father's side (Peder Pedersen). In my search of the Danish Demographic Database census transcriptions for Copenhagen alone, there were 693 persons with the surname 'PEDERSEN' having Peder/Peter as their 1st or 2nd given names.

I'm not sure where in Denmark Peder was born, but it would be helpful in we knew that and/or any other corroborative information such as parents' or siblings' given names. The 1911 St. Croix census record transcription shows that he was born around 1882 and that he came to STX in 1904 (which may or may not be accurate). If you have any other information on Peder PEDERSEN that might help in identifying his lineage, I'll be happy to help you. I'll check with Morty, also.

Did your grandfather and Aunt Vi have the same mother? And, was he related to the MUDIEs of STX and Scotland? (I noticed the use of 'Moody' as a given name.) There is quite a bit of information on the MUDIEs that has been published in two small volumes that are still available in bookstores-- I have them in my collection.

E-mail me with your phone # and I'll give you a call and see what we can find.

In talking with my sister yesterday, she reminisced that your father attended Aunt Vi in her final days in 1989. My sister also remembered your grandfather living a few doors away from Aunt Vi on Company Street in Christiansted.

Aunt Vi died on November 24, (Thanksgiving Day) 1989 as the result of injuries sustained in the aftermath of Hurricane Hugo; she was a great lady, mother, cook, friend and very faithful member of the Catholic Church.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
ericpeds 2 Nov 2006 3:14PM GMT 
Karl W. Frederiksen 6 Nov 2006 7:41AM GMT 
Richard Bond 6 Nov 2006 11:29PM GMT 
Karl W. Frederiksen 7 Nov 2006 12:39AM GMT 
ericpeds 7 Nov 2006 12:57AM GMT 
VegasGem75 5 Nov 2012 9:58PM GMT 
VegasGem75 5 Nov 2012 10:00PM GMT 
rstlssntv 11 Nov 2012 8:35PM GMT 
lalderson101 12 Nov 2012 5:00AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic