Search for content in message boards

Illegitimate daughter name change from ZOTTER to PERSCHY

Replies: 8

Re: Illegitimate daughter name change from ZOTTER to PERSCHY

Posted: 19 Jan 2013 7:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
I appreciate your information. It seems reasonable that Theresia could have taken the Perschy name either by adoption or because Janos Perschy was her biological father.

The source I used to establish my genealogy is LDS tape 700719 which I understand is from the Sankt Martin church record that was made for the diocese. Theresia Zotter’s birth record, entry 64 in 1863, does not include the name of her father, just her mother, Maria Zotter. But the Sankt Martin parish record for that birth might have the name of the father, perhaps added later.

I understand that the record made for the diocese every year was sent to Szentgotthárd, whereas the parish record stayed at the parish where it could have remarks added later.

When Theresia married, on 21 November 1893, using the name Theresia Perschy, her parents’ names listed in the Sankt Martin church record were Janos Perschy and Maria Zotter. So I know Janos Perschy was Theresia’s father at that time. What I don’t know is if he was Theresia Perschy’s biological father or her father by adoption.

That difference is only important to people like me trying to build a genealogy.

I understand the Catholic Church in Burgenland is in the process of making images of the old parish records. So I will wait for those images to become available and perhaps I will learn more.

Thank you for answering my question and the suggestion to ask at the the diocesan-archive. Best wishes.

Richard Potetz
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
RichardPotetz 18 Jan 2013 4:20PM GMT 
Mohnbauer 18 Jan 2013 9:17PM GMT 
RichardPotetz 19 Jan 2013 2:00PM GMT 
fritzkoe 6 Feb 2013 4:05AM GMT 
RichardPotetz 8 Feb 2013 7:11PM GMT 
katusz 12 Apr 2013 2:00PM GMT 
RichardPotetz 18 Apr 2013 4:08PM GMT 
katusz 11 Nov 2013 3:58AM GMT 
RichardPotetz 11 Nov 2013 2:01PM GMT 
per page