Search for content in message boards

Illegitimate daughter name change from ZOTTER to PERSCHY

Replies: 8

Re: Illegitimate daughter name change from ZOTTER to PERSCHY

Posted: 18 Apr 2013 10:08AM GMT
Classification: Query
Thank you for your post, Katrina. I too was surprised by the number of illegitimate children in those old Burgenland records, (and surprised too by the number of first children in my tree born “premature,” about five months after the marriage.) I cannot claim to understand culture, even my own – in the US more than half of all births are now illegitimate.

I agree with your suspicion that in Burgenland some did not marry until the husband could acquire a home. In this case Josef Perschy and Maria Zotter appear to have waited a bit longer. Johann’s father Franz Perschy died on 21 Jun 1866 in Farkasdifalva house 80. Johann and Maria did not marry until 23 Apr 1868, and the birth of their first legitimate child came just two months later on 21 Jun 1868, in Farkasdifalva house 80.

Thank you for your amazing genealogy site. Before I saw your work I attempted to find my genealogy by just searching for the parents of each ancestor. After I studied your work I included the siblings of my ancestors to my tree. Only then was I able to make the conclusions needed to verify my direct ancestors.

Did you build your tree using just the records filmed by the LDS? Or did you use the parish records too while visiting Austria? I understand details were added to the margins of the parish records that are not seen in the records made for the diocese (the records later filmed by the LDS). Once images of the old parish records are placed online (scheduled for 2014) I hope to add another century of our ancestors to my tree.

With best wishes and appreciation,

Richard
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
RichardPotetz 18 Jan 2013 4:20PM GMT 
Mohnbauer 18 Jan 2013 9:17PM GMT 
RichardPotetz 19 Jan 2013 2:00PM GMT 
fritzkoe 6 Feb 2013 4:05AM GMT 
RichardPotetz 8 Feb 2013 7:11PM GMT 
katusz 12 Apr 2013 2:00PM GMT 
RichardPotetz 18 Apr 2013 4:08PM GMT 
katusz 11 Nov 2013 3:58AM GMT 
RichardPotetz 11 Nov 2013 2:01PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions