Search for content in message boards

SEARCH FOR VOUK HISTORY

Replies: 34

Vouk surname

Tina L. Johnson (View posts)
Posted: 29 Aug 2000 6:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: vouk, Yanisha, Ochman, Holmgren, Zinda, Schmidt, Schmitt, Merrill, Thole, Mauer, Yanker
One of my maternal great grandfather's name is Felix Vouk. He married Anna Ochman. I'm not sure of the date or where their parents are from, but I think Felix came to America when he was aabout 4 years old from Austria. I believe his father ( Vouk) married Antonia Yanisha, a seamstress. These would be my gr, gr, gr, grandparents. Anna Ochman's parents names are not so easy to acquire (Adam Ochman perhaps) is all I have. Felix and Anna had the following children: Gladys(Holmgren), Valentine, Florine, Annie(Zinda), Alice(Schmidt or Schmitt) and Francis (Merrill). Francis married Murvale Merill and had the following children: Alverna(Thole), Jerome, Leroy, Elaine(Mauer), Gene, Marlyn. I am the eldest grand daughter of Alverna, born of her 2nd child, Del Rae Estella(Yanker). This is how I play into the Vouk name. It's hard work to find connections. If we are connected, let me know. Tina P/S the best dates I have to start with are Anna Vouk (Ochman) died in St. Cloud in 1962 at the age of, I believe 92 or 93. I was three and her oldest gr, gr, grand daughter. I recall the funeral as if it were yesterday. The churh was small, narrow and hot. It was day, but seemed like night. I loved her so much and was allowed to touch her and ask questions and say good bye. This may have helped me to have a healthy respect for death and life. Sorry I've been so long winded. Happy searching.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Peter Vouk 19 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT 
Robert Kobenter 20 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT 
Victoria M. Procell 26 Nov 1999 12:00PM GMT 
Keith Vouk 28 Dec 1999 12:00PM GMT 
Tina L. Johnson 29 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT 
Keith Vouk 29 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT 
Tina L. Johnson 22 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT 
Molly 13 Mar 2002 2:25AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions