Search for content in message boards

Carinthian names Schnabl Schnabel Schuller Nessmann & Sarnitz in Milwaukee's German(-American) Newspapers Index (1844-1950)

Replies: 0

Carinthian names Schnabl Schnabel Schuller Nessmann & Sarnitz in Milwaukee's German(-American) Newspapers Index (1844-1950)

Posted: 31 Jul 2014 7:37AM GMT
Classification: Biography
Edited: 31 Jul 2014 1:44PM GMT
Surnames: Schnabl Schnabel Schuller Nessmann Sarnitz
"... We have a Johann Schnabl, just not sure the connection. I have a Martin Schuller and I also have a Valentine Nessman. Do any of these possibly have a connection to you and your families in the area? Unfortunately, I do not have records beyond Alois Schnabl ..." (posted on this board)

As my other postings on this board explain, there are a number of Schnabl / Schnabel entries in the only index created from the local German-American newspapers (1844-1950).
But there's quite a variety of clippings indexed that may match your research, like the wedding anniversary event and biography for a Valentine and Marie (Sarnitz) Nessmann. Marie was very involved in the Austrian-American community with at least three clippings (besides her family death notices) published in the Clubs section of the German paper at the time of death in the 1940s.

Also among the wide variety of clippings I've indexed is the wedding portrait of Mrs. Louis Schnabel (Marie Schuller).

"Milwaukee's German Newspapers; an index of death notices and related items" (1844-1950)
gary.rebholz@gmail.com, originator/compiler/editor, Milwaukee Wis.
Indexing all kinds of crazy stuff found in Milwaukee's German newspapers since 2007... because _somebody_ had to do it!

Find a board about a specific topic