Search for content in message boards

Coat of arms, Wappen, family Gromann

Replies: 0

Coat of arms, Wappen, family Gromann

Posted: 11 May 2012 10:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Gromann, Grohmann, Merta, Wedl
I have coat of arms drawn on a paper and on a house crest that are supposed to belong to my family. I've been looking for any clue that might help me to validate this information and to understand where this coat of arms comes from.

I've already checked the Siebmacher's online book and all the links I could find on Google, including "Buergerwappen" and Military ones; I’ve written to Adler, but I could not find anything…

I haven’t found any sign of nobility in my family so far, my ancestors were in the following fields: Military, Draper (Tuchmacher, Soukenika), Skinner (Kürschner, Kozisnik), Teacher/School Director and Farmers/Gardeners.

From my previous research I have found that my Gromann ancestors used to live in Hranice (Marisch-Weisskirchen) from ca. 1796 up to ca. 1867, Lipnik and Becvou (Leipnik) around 1880 and then in Vienna and St. Andrä-Wördern (Lower Austria) from c.a 1905 on. The house that has the crest on above the gate is in Sankt Andrä-Wördern (Niederösterreich), where my grandfather "Hans Gromann" or “Johann Gromann” or “Johann Anton Ignaz Gromann” lived with his family. He was a Kommerzialrat and a Zahntechniker in Wien and Sankt Andrä Wördern.

I would appreciate if someone could give me hints or any sort of information that may improve my research.
Thanks in advance,
Chris
Attachments:

Find a board about a specific topic