Search for content in message boards

Florence/Florenta/Floridine Marqueen Murrain

Replies: 0

Florence/Florenta/Floridine Marqueen Murrain

Posted: 29 Jul 2012 12:34PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Murrain
Hi, hoping someone out there can help me. I have been trying for 2 years to track down my great grandmother Florence Marqueen Murrain. She married Charlie Robert Eyres on 17/11/1911 and she appears as a visitor on the 1911 census in Fremington Devon which states she was born in Salzburg, Austria. On her marriage certificate it states that her fathers name was Haunts Murrain - deceased - restaurant proprietor. This could actually be Hauntz as she had a son on 21/11/1911 called Hauntzel Charles Eyres (my grandfather). I have been told that she was sent to England for schooling with her brother as both of her parents had died. I cannot find any trace of her prior to 1911 on the 1901 census or passenger lists, it doesn't help that on her son's birth certificate she has called herself Floridina rather than Florence. She died in 1962 in High Wycome Buckinghamshire. I have also been told that there was a birth certificate with her name as Florenta (sadly this certificate was thrown out after her death). I am presuming that it was a birth certificate but was wondering if she had been naturalised.

Any help or advice would be gratefully received

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions