Search for content in message boards

ALOIS STIFTER

Replies: 3

ALOIS STIFTER

Posted: 25 Jul 2011 9:12AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Stifter, Hotz
I am searching for info on my greatgrandfather Alois (later known as Louis) Stifter. He was born Jun 19th 1887 in Styria ( he called it Steiermark). His mother was Elizabeth Stifter and his father was Anton Postuschung. Alois was illegitimate. He was a baker and moved from Austria to Switzerland ( I don't know when) went to work for Heinrich Hotz in a bakery and moved to Canada (in 1911, Emma went with him) and then married Emma Hotz, Heinrichs daughter, (in 1912). I would like to know where in Styria Alois is from and where in Switzerland he moved to (Emma was born in the Canton of Zurich so I am guessing Alois moved somewhere around there, I do not know the town). Any info is appreciated greatly. Emma had all but been forgotten as she died at the age of 49 and Alois remarried, and most people only remembered the 2nd wife, Lydia Richter. IF it is helpful Alois died in Toronto in 1966 and he and Emma had three children while living in Woodridge, Manitoba- Erna, Rose and Bert (real name Oscar Henry). I also know Alois and Emma sailed from Bristol England to Canada. Alois is listed on the Canadian passenger list as Kyler Alvis.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
QUABBA1975 25 Jul 2011 3:12PM GMT 
QUABBA1975 25 Jul 2011 6:37PM GMT 
chotz170 1 Jun 2012 11:47PM GMT 
QUABBA1975 2 Jun 2012 2:36PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions