Search for content in message boards

Thaddeus Schaffler, August Schaffler birth/marriage/death records

Replies: 0

Thaddeus Schaffler, August Schaffler birth/marriage/death records

Posted: 26 Mar 2012 9:39PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: SCHAFFLER, SCHAEFFLER, NACHBAUR
Hello -

I'm trying to find the parents of an August Schaeffler/Schaffler born 1 Aug 1857. He arrived in the US in June 1884. He was supposedly raised in Vienna, Austria (no evidence of this yet), but I wonder if he might have been born in the Styria region.

His father's name was possibly Thaddeus Schaffler and his mother's name was possibly Mary. Family legend says he met his future wife, Barbara Nachbaur (b. 17 Jun 1860) in Rankweil, Austria. Barbara emmigrated to Ohio in 1881 and August arrived in 1884. They married in 1885 in Akron, Ohio at a CATHOLIC church. August and Barbara's children were named as follows (in this order): Augusta Marie, Rudolph, Clara, Louis (possibly named after Barbara's close brother), Maria, Irene Grace, Geraldine Agnes.

Please advise me on how to look for his birth record. I also thought I might search for the marriage record or death record of a Thaddeus Schaffler (who was possbily dead before 1891).

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give!

Christina

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions