I am working on my family tree.
I’ve discovered that my great great grandmother, Anna Bracie’s father was a buergermeister. Anna was born 26 Sep 1860 in Graz, Austria.
Anthony Kohler might have gone by the name of Anton Kollar. He was born 10 May 1861 in Graz, Austria.
Anthony Kohler/Kollar’s parents were Paul Kohler/Kollar and Mary Bratchit.
My family and I believe they were from Graz, Austria. They were Roman Catholics.
Anna and Anton had 7 children, all girls and one boy:
1. Wilhelmina Kollar/Kohler born 1886 in Austria
2. Marie Kollar/Kohler born 1887 in Austria
3. Mathilde Kollar/Kohler born 1891 in Austria
4. Antonia Kollar/Kohler born 1897 in Austria
5. Anton Kollar/Kohler born 1898 in Austria (the son and my great grandfather)
6. Therese J. Kollar born 1901 in Austria
7. Margaret Rose Kollar/Kohler born 1903 in New York, USA
Of all the children, only Marie was left behind in Germany.
Anna Bracie was on SS Kaiser Wilhelm Der Grosse ship on 7 Sep 1898 sailing to Ellis Island, New York from Bremen, Germany with 3 of her children, one of them was my great grandfather.
I'd like to know if there are any records on Anna and Anton and their families to confirm their vitals? I'd also like to know more about them, too.
Thanks for any help.