Mühlau is a district of Innsbruck now: http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/M%C3%BChlau_%28Innsbruck%29http://maps.google.at/maps?hl=de&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r...
can it be that there is a connection to Rauch-mill, which still exists in Mühlau.
as you have stated also the name Rauch? only a guess.http://www.rauchmehl.at/
the Rauch have their orgin in Kauner-valley:
In 1809 the Tyrolean tried to expel the Bavarian and French occupation of the country. Franz Rauch from Kaunerberg, the father of the founder, was among the crowd Tyrolean farmers in Pontlatz undertook a daring raid on the enemy troops passing through. He was killed in action, leaving a large family. The oldest son, Anton, left the Tiroler Oberland, to look for work.
After much wandering, he found employment at the mill Kindl in Mühlau at Innsbruck. The owner of the company had no successor and sold the young miller operation against annuity. The mill on the creek near the church has been called since it was established in 1831 "Rauch(smoke) mill". Under the new owner of the operation grew and prospered. The water power of the mill-wheel set of the power line.
The founder's son, Leopold Rauch was delighted by the modern technology. At the World Exhibition in London, he saw that it is possible to transmit electrical power over long distances with a power cable. In 1888 he was several hundred meters away from the mill to build a power plant that supplied the operating power. So the first electric power transmission originated in Tyrol. The power station is still in operation today. http://www.rauchmehl.at/index.php?group=unsere-Muehle&pa...http://maps.google.at/maps?hl=de&cp=4&gs_id=1z&x...