Search for content in message boards

Graf family information

Replies: 6

Re: Graf family information

Brigitte Burgard (View posts)
Posted: 15 Dec 2004 10:11AM GMT
Classification: Query
Dear sir,
when looking in the internet for information about your grandfather Herbert Graf I found by chance your name. I am at present reading a book by a German sociologist and psychoanalist about the possible psychological consequences of the Jewish ritual circumcision of new-born male babies. Author and title: Franz Maciejewski, "Psychoanalytisches Archiv und jüdisches Gedächtnis" (Psychoanalytical archives and Jewish memory).The author goes into the Freudian description of childhood neuroses, in particular as regards the "Kleiner Hans" (Little Hans). Franz Maciejewski claims that the Jewish circumcision of new-born babies may have dramatical consequences in the future course of their livesand thus on the Jewish culture as a whole. Up to now I could neither in Freud´s nor in other works find more intimate data about the Graf family. I should be very pleased if you could open to me, from your point of view, a wider perspective as to the parents of thr Kleiner Hans (Herbert Graf), namely Max Graf and Olga König. What do you know about their relation to Jewish traditions? Do you know whether Jewish traditions were still cultivated in the family, especially as to circumcision. It is known that Freud´s sons had not been circumcised. In this case it would be interesting to know whether the male children of the family, especially the Kleiner Hans, had been circumcised as taken for granted by Maciejewski.
I am looking forward to your answer,
yours
Brigitte Burgard
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Colin D. Graf 20 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT 
Steve Balog 11 Nov 2004 6:15AM GMT 
Colin Graf 12 Nov 2004 4:49AM GMT 
steve_balog48 29 Apr 2013 3:52AM GMT 
Colin Graf 12 Nov 2004 4:51AM GMT 
liolea51 29 Apr 2013 12:47AM GMT 
Brigitte Burgard 15 Dec 2004 5:11PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions