Search for content in message boards

Searching for Grandfather's relatives

Replies: 11

Response to Frieda Picher

Posted: 27 Mar 2000 5:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 14 May 2002 9:53PM GMT
Surnames: Ebert, Otten, Daughterman, Brandt, Papke, Miller
My Grandfather's name was Joseph A (Anthony) Ebert and his father's name was Anton or Anthony Ebert.

Anton/Anthony was the "black sheep" of the Austrian family that owned an inn outside of Vienna. Unfortunately, I do not know which direction outside of Vienna. I understand that the family had three sons and Anton/Anthony was the one who emigrated to the United States.

My Grandfather, Joseph was born in the late 1880's, so I think my Great-Grandfather emigrated to the US maybe in the 1870's or early 1880's.

When the parents who owned the inn died, Anton/Anthony went back to Austria to try and claim his right in the inn or estate -- so I was told by my father, Gregory Ebert, who was the grandson of Anton/Anthony Ebert. As I understand the story, he came back to the United States with nothing from the family.

Anton/Anthony settled in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA and married and had a son and daughter. Joseph Anthony Ebert was his son and he is my Grandfather. His sister Mary married a man named Steinkellner and they located in Beloit, Wisconsin, USA.

Joseph Anthony Ebert (my Grandfather) married Eda Otten and they lived in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA and had five children: Robert, Josephine, Gregory (my father), Frances (died at 9 years old) and Joseph.

All of the above relatives are dead and I am trying now to put together the pieces of the Ebert family.

I will be searching for Anton/Anthony Ebert's parents names and the date he arrived in the US and what year he was born, to provide more information.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
CJMillr 24 Nov 1998 12:00PM GMT 
CJMillr 19 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT 
Diane32050 1 Apr 2004 2:29AM GMT 
Cheryl Miller 5 Apr 2004 10:22PM GMT 
GaryRRebholz 6 Apr 2012 1:49PM GMT 
@@frieda.pich... 25 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT 
CJMillr 27 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT 
dEBBIE sCOTT 27 May 2000 12:00PM GMT 
CJMillr 3 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT 
WilliamDye12 2 Jun 2002 3:08PM GMT 
per page