Search for content in message boards

Ender

Replies: 40

I must be related to you somehow

Julie (View posts)
Posted: 4 Nov 1998 5:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Giesinger
I am related to ALL Giesingers in some way or another because my mother was a Giesinger.
I have a book that is titled "History of the Giesinger (Gisinger) Kinship" written by Paul Giesinger. The book contains the interpretation of the Giesinger family shield, where the name originated from, where the early Giesingers emigrated to and some have a possible solution as to why, pictures, and the genealogy of the Giesingers for a long way back to just about the first Giesinger ever written down and accounted for.

I have been looking in the book for an Anna Maria, a Johann Gregor, and a Kathrina Giesinger with the same birth or death dates to no avail. But I have found multiple Anna's (with no Maria), Johann's, Johann Gregor's, and Kathrina's. In fact I found a Kathrina with a birth date close to the one from one of the responses I read: her father was Philipp Jakob Giesinger, her mother was Barbara Riel, and her birth-date was 1802 and she was born in Alsace.

Please respond if you find other names with the last name of Giesinger, because they may be in the book! or if you are interested in some of the Giesinger history.

P.S. Giesinger can also be spelled Geisinger and Gisinger, it doesn't matter, I'd still be related somehow!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Ridy-Maria Hoegler Skyrme 7 Sep 1998 12:00PM GMT 
Meinrad 24 Sep 1998 12:00PM GMT 
Ridy-Maria Hoegler Skyrme 28 Sep 1998 12:00PM GMT 
Julie 4 Nov 1998 12:00PM GMT 
Janalee Garn 21 Nov 1998 12:00PM GMT 
Nelson Eddy 3 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT 
Sharon Jones 15 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT 
ronald h.bubb 17 Oct 2001 4:13AM GMT 
Tana Graham 31 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT 
Gustav,Heinzle 30 Oct 2002 1:16PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions