Korycansky from Brno or Tasso, Austria circa 1900-1912

Replies: 11

Re: Korycansky from Brno or Tasso, Austria circa 1900-1912

Jocelyn (View posts)
Posted: 7 Jul 2003 11:29PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Korycansky
Hello,

I am replying to your request about the Korycanksy family. When I first began researching my family tree last year, I was not positive that Maria Korycansky was actually my great grandmother, but now I am thanks to your email and other research efforts in the current Czech Republic. My great grandmother, who probably changed her name to Mary, did have a brother named Frank. Frank and his wife lived in New Jersey. They had a son who was killed in a plane accident, and was never found. I am just recalling these facts from old family stories.

However, I could never find out Franks' wife's name. I checked the social security index, and there the name was listed..Katherine Korycansky, who was born in 1895, died 1985 in New Jersey. This must be his wife, because she did pass away in the mid 1980s. All of this information seems to be piecing together the puzzle.

My grandmother Emily recalls her mother receiving letters from New Jersey from Frank and his wife, written in Czech. Apparently his wife used to travel back to Czechoslovakia to visit her family. My grandmother remembers her also visiting Frank and Mary's family. I will talk with my grandmother within the next few days and see if she can remember anything about the respective families and let you know as soon as possibe. I also have been in contact with someone in the Brno, Czech Republic vicinity who has found the contact information for our possible relatives. I can give you this information if it would be helpful.

Thanks!
Jocelyn
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Jocelyn 6 Dec 2002 8:18PM GMT 
Robert Jerin 7 Dec 2002 2:40AM GMT 
tjvbsvb 8 Jul 2003 4:25AM GMT 
Jocelyn 8 Jul 2003 5:29AM GMT 
Joan Lynch 24 Dec 2005 8:46PM GMT 
Jocelyn 5 Nov 2006 9:32AM GMT 
wencer 15 Oct 2007 4:08PM GMT 
raydar86 15 Nov 2007 3:18AM GMT 
wencer 18 Nov 2007 9:45PM GMT 
jmcdan82 28 May 2014 3:43AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions