Search for content in message boards

Feiller, Kreinecker, Matzka (and variants): another "illegitimate child of nobility" mystery

Replies: 10

Re: Feiller, Kreinecker, Matzka (and variants): another "illegitimate child of nobility" mystery

Posted: 9 Nov 2008 11:21AM GMT
Classification: Query
Most of the vast holdings of the LDS Family History Library cannot be accessed by the web. Only the index of the holdings is available. You would need to identify film numbers and then order the films on loan at an LDS Library near you.

The web site for the place index is at http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library/FHLC/frameset_fhlc.a...

Enter Heiligenkreuz, Eltendorf and Konigsdorf as place names and see what you'll get.

For the residency records of Vienna, enter Wien as the place name. From the long list you will get, click Wien in Niederosterreich, Austria. In the index for Vienna/Wien, click Population, then Meldezettel (male and female) for 1850-1928. The Meldezettel cover really only about 1898 till 1923, but this would be the key period for you anyway.

You will be overwhelmed by the amount of films and the length of the index. Read well the explanation of the filing system. If you do order films, you will inevitably often order the wrong ones. It happened to me many times. Searching will consume much time. If you decide to go through this, I'll be happy to give you more advice.

Alternatively, you could try to e-mail to the Wiener Stadt- und Landesarchiv. Ask whether they could search the residency records for your Kreinecker and Matzka relatives. The e-mail address I have at the archive's web site is post@ma08.wien.gov.at . The web site itself is at http://www.wien.gv.at/english/history/archives/ancestors.htm...

Have you considered hiring a professional genealogist?
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
nancybreitfel... 5 Nov 2008 2:14AM GMT 
EileenWilson0... 5 Nov 2008 6:26PM GMT 
fritzkoe 6 Nov 2008 3:31AM GMT 
nancybreitfel... 7 Nov 2008 12:36AM GMT 
fritzkoe 9 Nov 2008 12:42AM GMT 
nancybreitfel... 9 Nov 2008 4:38AM GMT 
fritzkoe 9 Nov 2008 6:21PM GMT 
nancybreitfel... 10 Nov 2008 2:15AM GMT 
fritzkoe 11 Nov 2008 3:47AM GMT 
nancybreitfel... 11 Nov 2008 9:17PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions