Search for content in message boards

Feiller, Kreinecker, Matzka (and variants): another "illegitimate child of nobility" mystery

Replies: 10

Re: Feiller, Kreinecker, Matzka (and variants): another "illegitimate child of nobility" mystery

Posted: 6 Nov 2008 5:36PM GMT
Classification: Query
Eileen and Fritzkoe
Thanks for your replies! Eileen - thanks for the heraldry info -- I"ll have to dig up someone to translate it for me!!
Fritzkoe, thanks for your info. I'll have to go to the Ellis Island website -- my source is on Ancestry, the Hamburg Passenger list (although I did not find the incoming New York manifest). The ship was the Pennsylvania, departure date 11 Feb 1900.

As for Lorenz, my sister-in-law remembers Maria calling him "her brother". My in laws visited the Kreinecker's often, and told stories about their history. Lorenz was said to have had an item with the "family crest" on it, which he sold, to Maria's annoyance. I don't think we have any documents.

As to the money transfer, my sister in law has it in New York. I don't think they can scan it, but if you have any specific questions, I can ask her.

Thanks for your help!!

PS - Since I posted my initial message, I have found another thread that documents Feilers in Poppendorf who relocated to Milwaukee at the same time as Maria. They are clearly the same family: Andrew Feiler and Maria Meier had 4 daughters: Theresa, Maria, Julia and Nailla (?sp). Theresa married John Imp, moved to Milwaukee and had 12 children. Maria married Samuel Trimmel, had a son named Gustav and also moved to Milwaukee. I have found evidence of both of these families. Our Maria Feiler lived with the Trimmels from 1900 to 1906 (evidence in the 1905 Wisconsin census), and the Trimmels and the Imps were known to my husband's family as relatives. I can't find evidence of Julia or Nailla (although one of Theresa's daughters is named Julia). Could these have been Maria Feiler's mothers?
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
nancybreitfel... 5 Nov 2008 2:14AM GMT 
EileenWilson0... 5 Nov 2008 6:26PM GMT 
fritzkoe 6 Nov 2008 3:31AM GMT 
nancybreitfel... 7 Nov 2008 12:36AM GMT 
fritzkoe 9 Nov 2008 12:42AM GMT 
nancybreitfel... 9 Nov 2008 4:38AM GMT 
fritzkoe 9 Nov 2008 6:21PM GMT 
nancybreitfel... 10 Nov 2008 2:15AM GMT 
fritzkoe 11 Nov 2008 3:47AM GMT 
nancybreitfel... 11 Nov 2008 9:17PM GMT 
per page