Search for content in message boards

Bondy

Replies: 34
Posted: 28 Apr 2013 11:28AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello Ken

I hope you are not having the same problems as me when trying to send messages via this board, I type lots and then it does not send ..... hopefully this will work this time. My email is nelsonelaine5@gmail.com if you wish to correspond directly.

Like you I have not judged Louisa, she must have had to make some difficult decisions to make in a completely different era. Also I though that she may have changed her name either through remarriage or as Bondy could be seen as a Germanic name and there was a lot of anti german feeling during the war. I am glad she had a good and long life. If it is possible I would really appreciate a photo of her if that is possible. I have one of Henry, Percy and George that was probably taken around 1920 that has been emailed from Canada.

I have also found out that Charles Henry the eldest child, Percy and George were placed in the care of the Fulham Schools, Henry as he was known was able to go out to work within a short time but Percy and George were sent to Canada as British Home Children. I am in touch with George Bondy's son Bill via email, he lives in Canada, Percy and George never returned to the UK.

I am not too far from you in Essex, my brother-in-law lives in Seaford, East Sussex.

Thanks again

Elaine Nelson
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
kgbrown11 28 Apr 2013 1:11PM GMT 
nelsonelaine5 28 Apr 2013 5:28PM GMT 
nelsonelaine5 28 Apr 2013 9:10AM GMT 
joanweaver36 28 Apr 2013 9:11PM GMT 
nelsonelaine5 28 Apr 2013 10:55PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic