Search for content in message boards

My Great Grandfather,

Replies: 3

Re: My Great Grandfather,

Posted: 22 Apr 2013 4:05PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 22 Apr 2013 4:13PM GMT
Surnames: VAJAND , WAJAND
I browsed the Roman Catholic Church records that are available online for Gajdobra via Kalocsa diocese e-archive and family VAJAND is listed in them. Like many other surnames starting with that letter in these records which are in Latin and Hungarian language, both spellings with "V" - VAJAND and "W"- WAJAND are found.

That is the direction I would recommend you take for your research - if you do not know the place of birth of your ancestor and if the family with his surname was present in the parish you know was his last residence in the old country, chances are he was also born in it. Do you know his birth year?

More on this e-archive you can read here:

http://www.rodoslovlje.com/forum/vojvodina/kalocsa-roman-cat...

Send me an email on yugaya@gmail.com if you have trouble registering with them (some people I helped had a bit of communication issues when emailing them in English, they do prefer communicating in Hungarian language).

Full birth, marriage and death records for the parish of Gajdobra are available for the period 1826-1921 as well as a lot of additional records like school and church attendance records.

In this archive Gajdobra is listed under its name in Hungarian language - SZEPLIGET.

website of the archive:

http://archivum.asztrik.hu/

-att: from Kalocsa diocese e-archive, VAJAND surname in Gajdobra records, year 1872., (then) Austria-Hungary, (now) Serbia

"Rodoslovlje" Serbian Genealogy Society
www.rodoslovlje.com
Attachments:
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
sway56 21 Oct 2012 12:54AM GMT 
marksabol21 21 Oct 2012 2:04PM GMT 
ZlaticaBeca 21 Oct 2012 2:21PM GMT 
yugaya 22 Apr 2013 10:05PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions