Search for content in message boards

Locating passenger records particularly Vienna

Replies: 2

Locating passenger records particularly Vienna

Posted: 8 Dec 2012 1:24AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi there - wondering if anybody knows if there is an online site where I can search for documents that may trace my families movements in Austria

My g-g-grandmother Maria Rengatch was living in Scotland in the 1920's but regularly sought treatment for cancer in Vienna which is where (according to my grandmother) she had family. She usually took her son Adolf who was born in London in 1909.

Maria's maiden name was Dragonsky, though I believe she also used her middle name of Bittner when travelling for reasons unbeknownst to me. Actually nobody even knew that was her maiden name till it appeared on her death certificate.

Maria's parents were Gottlieb Dragonsky and Sother Bittner and i think they were born around 1850-1860. I've found no record of them in Vienna cemetary listings granted I wasn't sure where to look.

My understanding is that when travelling in Austria pople needed to fill in a form that was registered with the the local police office and I thought records of these kind if they exist may help me to learn more about my family.

Thanks
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
loubear95 8 Dec 2012 8:24AM GMT 
Mohnbauer 8 Dec 2012 11:36PM GMT 
loubear95 11 Dec 2012 3:50AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic