Search for content in message boards

John and Mary Jurison

Replies: 39

Re: John and Mary Jurison

Posted: 17 Mar 2013 10:54AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Jurison, Oleska
Thank you so much!! You are awesome. :D
I have no idea what Mary/Maria's maiden name was. I found her in the 1910 + 1920 census, and precious little else. In the 1910 census it lists her as being the mother of 11 kids, but only 7 still living.

My John Jurison was born abt 1852, and I did find a record for the baptism of Johannes Jurissin in a Catholic Church (the Jurison side of my family has always been Catholic) in 1852, in Rychvald, Bardejov, Slovakia. He was the son of Joannes Jurissin and Anne Kacsmar. I don't have conclusive evidence of this being my John Jurison, but I am beginning to believe that it is.

I looked on the ellis island site for the Jurisons, but I can't be sure they are relations. My grandma's dad (William Joseph Jurison, son of Andrew Albert Jurison, son of John J) died when she was very young, and they basically lost contact with the Jurison family up in PA. We didn't even know where they immigrated from until I found the census record.

I have another Austrian/Slovakian side: Andrew Albert Jurison married Anna Oleska, the daughter of Austrian/Slovakian immigrants. I think her dad's name was Michel (?). To me, their name sounds more Polish, but her parents are also listed in different records as being "Austria Slovakia" and "Czechoslovakia". Very confusing. :(

There is another man, a Peter Jurison from "Czechoslovakia", who was listed as a prisoner in a jail right outside of Pittsburgh, where my other Jurisons settled. I don't know if he is related or not.

Again, thank you for everything!! This has been a big help! :D
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
kass_williams... 17 Mar 2013 2:51AM GMT 
ZlaticaBeca 17 Mar 2013 1:27PM GMT 
kass_williams... 17 Mar 2013 4:54PM GMT 
ZlaticaBeca 17 Mar 2013 5:41PM GMT 
kass_williams... 18 Mar 2013 1:41AM GMT 
Robert Jerin 18 Mar 2013 12:13AM GMT 
chrr_jim 7 Jun 2013 12:40AM GMT 
ZlaticaBeca 7 Jun 2013 12:43AM GMT 
chrr_jim 7 Jun 2013 12:47AM GMT 
ZlaticaBeca 7 Jun 2013 12:51AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions