Search for content in message boards

M Hungerhofer, Austrian Consul, November 10, 1848 Hungary

Replies: 0

M Hungerhofer, Austrian Consul, November 10, 1848 Hungary

Posted: 19 Apr 2013 7:31AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hungerhofer
I found the following article and I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on where I can find further information on M Hungerhofer, Austrian Consul, 1848.

The Austrian Foreign Ministry & Consulate do not have any information.

New-York Daily Tribune
November 10, 1848
HUNGARY.
Decided Measures
The National Assembly of Death on the 10th instant resolved 1. That it would recall all the Hungarian troops employed out of the country, 2. That the Archduke Stephan, having abandoned the country of which he was palatine should be deprived of his dignity. 3. That all Hungarians in Austria should return to their native country within 15 days. M Hungerhofer, the Austrian Consul, had passed with 4,000 serfs to the side of insurgent Raitzers. Kossuth had been appointed President of the Committee of Defense, and invested with the Dictatorship. He had forthwith ordered the commanders of all fortresses to raise the Hungarian tri-colored standard within seven days, and to send to the committee tha assurance of their obedience, under pain of being regarded as traitors to their country.

http://fultonhistory.com/Newspapers%206/New%20York%20NY%20Tr...

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions