Search for content in message boards

Search for Family

Replies: 2

Search for Family

Roxanne Gollata (View posts)
Posted: 30 Sep 2000 6:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Mayerl, Lehner, Weis, Patelsech, Padelsach, Steiner, Wellner, Reimer, Wachtel, DuFresne, Scott, Hathcock, Kabat, Hastreiter
Hello!
I am researching my mother's side of my family and came across some old letters from cousins in Czechoslovakia (dated 1956 & 1957).

The first one was from:
Rudolf Lehner, Rokycany 6/I (Place#6), Czechoslovakia and was addressed to my Great-Grandfather Frank Mayerl who lived in Cato, Wisconsin, USA. It was written to my Grandmother Helen (Mayerl) Scott and was signed "With regards from your cousin Rudolph and family."

The second letter was from:
Pavel Lehner, CSR- Pilsen, Slovanska' and was addressed to my Grandmother Helen (Mayerl) Scott who lived in Manitowoc, Wisconsin, USA. The letter states that Pavel (or Paul??) was nineteen at the time, so would be around 62 right now? He wrote "Every Sunday we come to see my grandparents in Rokycany." I'm assuming Rudolf is his Grandfather, so I don't know if he would be alive yet? Pavel stated in his letter he lived in Pilsen, which was a metropolitan area of West Czechoslovakia. Paul also wrote a portion of the letter to my Mother Cynthia Scott and Aunt Sandra Scott.

With the letters there were also three family pictures with names written on the back:

(Please excuse any spelling mistakes as these are hand written in German or Czech and I only know English!)

Picture #1:
Hier obeu:
Ich, (J or Y ?)aroslaus-frau Anna,
unter wieder Paul, (Jor Y)aruschka
meins frau Mary, und der ?Sohn
Rudolf mit ?seine frau Elisabet
und unserer ?hund dabei.
Mit J or Y?rus vom alle familieu
deiu C Rudolf

Picture #2:
Ich sende das Photo unsere familie un sommer our weekend.
Obeu: Ich Rudolf fater, frau Anna und sohn J or Y aroslaus mu or it Lis
Unteu: Paul, Sohn von Sohn Rudolf,
J or Y aruschka focher von Sohn J or
Yaroslaus,
in Mitte: miene frau Mary, dau die
Elesabeth, frau von Sohn Rudolf.

Picture #3:
Die Tochter von sohn J or Yaroslav
?heish? J or Yaraslava.
Heute ish schou viel gr?scr?

My Great Grandfather Frank Mayerl(1878-1951) married Emily Treasa Weiss (1887-1953). Emily's (or Emelia) parents were John Weiss and Treasa Lehner (1862-1928). I believe Treasa's father was John Lehner.

John Mayerl and Annie Steiner both were born in Austria/Bohemia. They (and/or their son-also John Mayerl(1829-1912)-married to Anna Padlesack(spelling?)(1840-1908) came to the United States around 1868 (I found the original travel passport with my grandmothers items when she died.) I came across a document "Intent to be Naturalized" dated 1876. They arrived at the port of New York. John and Anna were the parents of my Great-Grandfather Frank Mayerl.

Any information on any of my relatives would be greatly appreciated! I would especially like to try and find out if any of my Lehner / Mayerl relatives are still alive and would like to contact them! Thank you and hope to hear from you soon!

Roxanne Gollata :)
rdgollata@usxchange.net

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Roxanne Gollata 30 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT 
fritzkoe 5 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT 
suzdenny8 22 Mar 2013 1:09AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic