Search for content in message boards

AUSTRIAN Wars

Replies: 14

AUSTRIAN Wars

Pionner Woman (View posts)
Posted: 4 Dec 2000 5:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: TOLMICH, TALMACHE, TALMADGE
Charles, thanks for the information you posted. Your post has given me the correct spelling for what we thought was Cashut which I now believe is Kaschau in today's Kosice (today's Slovakia). I do have a photo or 2 showing the medals and if you'd like, I'll email them to you if you send me your email address. I found a medal today that is probably the "elongated bell" I was referring to. It is not a bell (didn't think so) but is an emblem of some kind. The photo is at: http://www.bmonk.pecs.hu/index.html

After some more searching on the net, I find we were also spelling Baranya Megye incorrectly (we had Baranza). I see that Baranya and Megye are both referred to as counties. I would think that Baranya is the region since it is large and that Megye means counties within that region?

I have subscribed to several Roots-L lists and I appreciate you listing them. I've been to Cydi's List but not having much luck finding ships by country. I'll need to go through all the A-Z ships names. If you (or anyone else) know of a site that has ship's passenger lists from Hungary (or Austria), that would be a big help. This ancestor is also of Italian heritage.

Joseph Tomas TOLMICH/TALMACH, TALMADGE was born somewhere in Turkey. Also trying to find data for him in Turkey (birth), Hungary (lived), Austria (military), New Mexico (Civil War)and Colorado (Army, death) - wow, that is a lot of research.

TURKEY: Symbol is TR and is part of RE - Russian Empire
Cassovia (it), Kaschau (de)
Kosice (sk) m AH SK Kassá (hu),
Kosice (cz, sk), Koszyce (pl)
Êîøèöå (ru) Cassovia (it), Kaschau (de)
de = German
it = Italian
http://www.p.lodz.pl/I35/personal/jw37/EUROPE/europe.html#K

Jane a/k/a Pioneer Woman
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Pionner Woman 4 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT 
Charles Wardell (Webmaster) 4 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT