Search for content in message boards

Thramers from Hangenstein(?)

Replies: 6

Re: Thramers from Hangenstein(?)

Posted: 29 Sep 2009 11:43AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Thelen, Thamer, Konert, Sholz
Paul and Charles Thelen were sons of Ernst Thelen and Rosalia Anna Konert. Both are deceased. On this board is a newspaper article on Charles Thelen, he having died in 1981. Paul and Charles had two sisters one of whom died young (Bertha) and one who is still alive. Paul had a son and Charles had an adopted daughter. There is an ancestry chart for Rosalia at:

http://gw5.geneanet.org/index.php3?b=stockheim&lang=en;p...

Bernard was a common name for Konerts/Conerts in Westphalia. Interestingly, Bernard appears to have been born in 1846 and not 1836 as the month and day are the same. He also had a sibling in Nebraska which corresponds with the parentage of the 1846 Bernard using IGI Mormon records.

The middle name for Ernst I do not know. It could have been Franz (he had a brother with this name) or Florentius or some other unknown. I suspect (as others have mentioned) the name Thramer probably should have been Kramer but the "Th" were hard to read and mistaken for "K". I have seen other mispellings originate in church books and carried down for some generations. If one looks
at the Mormon database there are very few "Thramers".

As another has mentioned I believe the Thramers are from
Moravia. The mother-in-law of Rosalia had the surname of
Scholz and was born in Brauseifen not far from Hagenstein. I seem to recall the railroads were looking for settlers to come to new areas they were opening and advertised heavily in the Bohemia/Moravia areas. There were a number of Scholzes in Shelby, NE whom probably all related but I do
not know the parents of Therese Scholz (of which there appear to be several).
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Tom Thelen 28 Feb 2005 10:22PM GMT 
dotetaylor1 7 Dec 2005 5:46AM GMT 
dotetaylor1 7 Dec 2005 5:54AM GMT 
jursus 29 Sep 2009 5:43PM GMT 
TilmanB 8 Dec 2005 7:53PM GMT 
Martin Pytr 14 Feb 2006 7:56PM GMT 
Mark Schenk 11 Nov 2013 8:41AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions