Search for content in message boards

Susmel family search

Replies: 21

Re: Susmel family search

Pietro De Marchi (View posts)
Posted: 3 Jul 2006 3:12PM GMT
Classification: Query
Dear Mr Francisco Guillermo Susmel

my mother,Odette Susmel,has been born in Fiume in 1922.
I believe you know that Fiume (FU) is an ex Italian town that has been assigned to ex Jugoslavia at the end of Second World War.
Fiume and Gorizia are not far away and she has often told me that it' s very possible that Gorizia has been the first nest of the italian Susmel family.
She is the daughter of Vittorio Susmel who had an elder brother,Eduardo Susmel, that was quite renowned during the Fascism beeing Senator.
Their father's name was Victor,I believe.
As you do,my mother and other Susmel relatives are investigating on the origins of this family.
We knew that there are some Susmel in Argentina,but I've never had the chance of knowing their addresses and it's just by chance that I've come through yours.
Any way: we think that the one Susmel who first settled in Gorizia had french origins,but nothing has been demostrated as yet.
I can add very few more news about Eduardo Susmel:he has been the author of a History of Fascism that has been completed by his son Duilio. who died some years ago.
The only survivor of Eduardo offsprings is Lucio Susmel,94,who is a very renowned scientist in forestry subject and a very good painter.I'm acquainted with him and I' ve visited him two years ago in Elba Island where he's retired quite a long time ago.
Most of his sons an daughters are University Professors.
Just few lines about myself.
I'm a retired Alitalia crew member.
I' ve spent three periods in Buenos Aires between the 80s and 90s totalling about 12 months.
I' ve loved staying there.
Well:I hope I'll receive some news about your investigatios.
I' d love to know something regarding that german Susmel who,it seems,has started a Susmel line in Gorizia.
Truly Yours
Hasta pronto
De Marchi Pietro
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
fsusmel 25 Jun 2003 9:06AM GMT 
Pietro De Marchi 3 Jul 2006 9:12PM GMT 
Francisco Susmel 3 Jul 2006 11:34PM GMT 
fsusmel1 4 Jul 2006 6:10AM GMT 
Pietro De Marchi 4 Jul 2006 3:04PM GMT 
B. Lapajne, Ph.D. 19 Jul 2006 10:54PM GMT 
Francisco Susmel 20 Jul 2006 12:05AM GMT 
MŠušmelj 25 Dec 2006 5:41PM GMT 
ASusmelj 29 Mar 2007 4:16PM GMT 
julian1294 12 Oct 2007 2:17AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions