Search for content in message boards

Village Name on Ship's List

Replies: 11
Posted: 19 May 2012 3:39PM GMT
Classification: Query
Interesting that you should bring up the Butler Co. connection. The Kostkan whom I'm researching lived in Omaha, Douglas County, worked in the smelting plant. Sobotka lists the Butler group as Koskan, but a member of the Omaha Kostkan group says they are related to the Butler Co. Koskans, that it's really the same name. When I first started helping my friend, I didn't catch the fact that the second k wasn't in the name, and assumed the location was likely for hers. To my dismay, I discovered that the names weren't quite the same, and told her I might have been wrong. Then along came the Zleby books on Actapublica, and there are Kostkans in just about every village. Just because the ship's record says Sedletin doesn't mean that's the birth place, of course, but since all those villages are within a day's walk of each other means we will just keep looking as more records get online. The reason I asked about the other village, Veprikov, is that several passengers in a row appeared to be travelling together, based on the fact that they were both going to Omaha, and maybe those two villages were in the same proximity. Turns out, they are.

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
marylevesque2... 19 May 2012 9:39PM GMT 
marylevesque2... 26 Dec 2012 1:10AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions