Search for content in message boards

HELLLP

Replies: 17
Posted: 7 Sep 2013 8:13AM GMT
Classification: Query
At first I was charitable and considered that maybe she was no longer with us, but then you pointed me to the Toth board.

Two things I have noticed: most of us have a logon id that sort of resembles our name. With a moniker like "twittytumbles" I don't know if she is 20, 50, 70. That does make a difference in my answers. (One of my freshmen college students had a post out there, and it was obvious he was young when he wrote it, so everyone was very gentle.)

The second thing is something you noted in the Toth thread -- the totally non-helpful subject line. It reminds me of my college students who carry on and on. (I ignore the divas and the diva-guys.) The subject line should list a category of some sort. An example is someone's recent one about the Zamrsk archives. Since I have some records there, I was then interested in seeing what it was about. If the subject said Pilsen, since I don't have ANY connections there, at best I'd skim it. For this one, something like "Anna Kushner from Czech to New Jersey, 1900s. Need help" would have been better.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
DeniseWranikM... 2 Feb 2013 6:54AM GMT 
TomSalony 3 Feb 2013 3:48PM GMT 
barbdale_1 6 Sep 2013 2:15AM GMT 
marylevesque2... 7 Sep 2013 2:13PM GMT 
DeniseWranikM... 1 Feb 2013 5:11AM GMT 
DeniseWranikM... 1 Feb 2013 6:04AM GMT 
DeniseWranikM... 1 Feb 2013 6:42AM GMT 
ZlaticaBeca 1 Feb 2013 5:10PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions