Search for content in message boards

Help with CZ translater

Replies: 38

Re: Help with CZ translater

Posted: 6 Feb 2013 3:26PM GMT
Classification: Query
It would not suprise me to find Lisice is where they originated from, there seems to be a large concentration of that or similar surname in Lisice, but I've not found a link to them yet. I will search for Catherina death, and see if I can find record of Joseph marriage(s) in that time frame. That Hruby surname does seem to appear in a few other witness location, interesting I will have to check that out in the records I already have.

I'm formulating a theory that somehow, a widower married (possibly a widow) in Vodokrty #3, as in the time around 1820s there appears Anton Haizman married a Barbora Frausova @ Vodokrty #3 and then all generations after that appear @ Vodokrty #3, Matej Haizman, Jan Haisman, Frantisek Joseph Haisman and a good number of other sibling births, marriages, etc all Haizman, Heisman, Haisman or similar surnames.

I will have to search death records to prove it. What would be the custom in this case? If a husband died and had no other men with claims and she married another, would he then have "claim' to live there? I know most of the people I've looked up were paupers, serfs, crofters, etc and likely didn't "OWN" the land they lived on, I just don't know the custom there. Like when they use the latin word inquilinus does it really mean lodger/renter or is that just the latin word for serf/peasant? I'm thinking since I see so many, it is not lodger, but like a serf, lives there and farms but not a land owner. Anyway thanks for checking these out, I will do some more digging to see what I can find.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
akoppe 6 Feb 2013 3:37AM GMT 
aksamitnik01 6 Feb 2013 3:56AM GMT 
akoppe 6 Feb 2013 5:43PM GMT 
aksamitnik01 6 Feb 2013 7:40PM GMT 
akoppe 6 Feb 2013 8:57PM GMT 
aksamitnik01 6 Feb 2013 9:30PM GMT 
akoppe 6 Feb 2013 10:26PM GMT 
akoppe 7 Feb 2013 4:18AM GMT 
aksamitnik01 7 Feb 2013 1:21PM GMT 
akoppe 7 Feb 2013 2:54PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions