Search for content in message boards

Leo Baca's Volume I,V and VIII

Replies: 7

Re: Where Ohio Family Came From

Posted: 29 Mar 2013 12:40PM GMT
Classification: Query
Thank you both for your replies...
I have immigration,marriage,naturalization info on John and Josephine aka Josie... and have all cemetery info on them and all their 11 children, and who they married and their children...all census info on the Cleveland Businsky's show carpenter,painter,machinist,etc...no miners...one son was a minor league baseball player and one daughter became a silent movie actress...I have newspaper clippings on both and personal photos on the movie acctress!
Most documents I have found stated Bohemia, then changed to Czechoslovakia, and once Austria...
My German grandmother was Catholic, she married John Businsky(their son) who had previously changed his name to Bernhardt(no record found)...in 1880 he was 2yr old John Businsky in Cleveland, fire destroyed 1890 census, then in 1910-1930 he was John Bernhardt in Chicago...all family stories match exactly from then on...and all their children were raised Catholic...
Finally someone has contacted me thru Ancestry...I am hoping this contact will provide more info...we can hope...
My family thinks I am NUTS to spend so much time on this...but it gives me great pleasure unlocking all this info...I feel such a strong connection to them all...I was able to follow my English and Scotch-Irish side back to the 1400's...the Germans and Bohemian's are a more stubborn bunch...haha...I am sure language has a lot to do with it. "They" who want to be found must know I will not give up...I am a research-o-holic!
I will check the Arch-diocese in Cleveland for Businsky info
Most other Businsky's on Ancestry settled in Maryland
will contact them as well.
Again thank you both so much!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
lps4families 20 Mar 2013 1:56AM GMT 
BetseyleeN 29 Mar 2013 2:12PM GMT 
marylevesque2... 29 Mar 2013 5:05PM GMT 
lps4families 29 Mar 2013 6:40PM GMT 
marylevesque2... 29 Mar 2013 11:12PM GMT 
lps4families 30 Mar 2013 5:18AM GMT 
marylevesque2... 1 Apr 2013 9:07PM GMT 
bfchop1093 1 Apr 2013 6:15PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions