Search for content in message boards

Another general question...

Replies: 35

Re: Villages on the Manifest

Posted: 19 Apr 2013 9:37AM GMT
Classification: Query
Well I've struck out in nearly all the direct versions on the village Sedlice, so I looked closer at the transcript and villages, and like Mary Levesque had noticed, nearly every Bohemian village is not spelled right, either in Czech or German. I took the ones that I could find though, Neusattel and Mlaka and found both to be common near Trebon. I did attempt to find some of these names listed on the transcript, hoping another researcher is in the same area, but I didn't come up with much.

When I searched in these archives, I did find strong evidence of the surname Simic (Simek) in the archives of both Neusattel (Novosedly) and Mlaka. So close, as to think I had found them at first, as I found 2 close births to the children I was looking for. I am going to concentrate my search for now in the Trebon area in those parishes in and around those villages at first, then gradually move away. To move the search quickly, I am simply looking for the birth of the last Czech born child Josephine (Josefa), who was born about a year before they left, as the name is less common than Franz or Marie. If I can match child & parents, then I can expand backwards the search.

Might be just a coincidence that I found the surname near where others on the ship are from, but it's the closest I've come yet to finding a clue as to where they came from so I'm going with the hunch for now. Thanks again for all your great help and ideas!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
marylevesque2... 8 Apr 2013 9:01PM GMT 
akoppe 8 Apr 2013 10:44PM GMT 
aksamitnik01 9 Apr 2013 4:32AM GMT 
akoppe 9 Apr 2013 4:38AM GMT 
akoppe 9 Apr 2013 2:13PM GMT 
akoppe 19 Apr 2013 3:37PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions