Search for content in message boards

Balada Family from Prachovice

Replies: 4

Balada Family from Prachovice

Posted: 15 Apr 2013 3:26PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Balada
I am searching for my family, the Baladas, who were from the Prachovice, Dasice, Pardubice area in Czechoslovakia. My great great grandfather Vincenc/Wenczel Balada was born in 1848 in Prachovice. He then moved to Budapest, Hungary and settled and started a family; we had always assumed we were Hungarian until I uncovered a transcription of his birth details.

Does anyone have any suggestions about research in the Prachovice area? I am ignorant of the language and geography, and am limited to online research, as I cannot travel to the Czech Republic. I have some dates and names concerning Wenczel Balada's parents, but they are secondary sources and not confirmed. I would love to find primary sources, like birth records, parish registers, etc. but have not found anything for Pardubice.

I believe the Zamarsk State Archive may hold some records, but not yet of Prachovice -- is there anywhere else I can look? Or am I incorrect?

Any help/advice would be very much appreciated. I was so excited to discover his roots in Czechoslovakia, all those years ago. Thank you so much for any suggestions -- and if anyone knows the Balada family, please let me know!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
mloncaric13 15 Apr 2013 9:26PM GMT 
ZlaticaBeca 15 Apr 2013 9:51PM GMT 
mloncaric13 16 Apr 2013 12:54AM GMT 
marylevesque2... 16 Apr 2013 10:34AM GMT 
mloncaric13 16 Apr 2013 12:01PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions