Search for content in message boards

Birth record from Zamrsk Archives: translation help, please

Replies: 7

Re: Birth record from Zamrsk Archives: translation help, please

Posted: 24 Aug 2013 12:14PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi Meredith,

it's maybe too soon to celebrate -but! I think I'll have some news for you next week.

I did some research yesterday, and found out that most of the additional record books (that I had mentioned in my previous post) actually were collected by the archive institutions, however, not by the regional but by the district ones. This may seem complicated, but actually it means that the district archive in Pardubice (which is inferior to the Regional Archive in Zamrsk) is the place where to look. Web pages are here http://archivpu.cz/default.htm - since they are a local archive, the web is in Czech only.

So I contacted them and was able to make a request for information (hope you don't mind) and later in the afternoon I got a phone call from them that they did find the additional register (officially called The Register of Matrimony Protocols - in Czech Registr snubnich protokolu) for the relevant year and it does have some information about Wenceslau's parents. Please bear in mind that the record may either be practically identical with what you have, or it may be in Latin, and thus it'l have to be translated. Hopefully, it'll give you some new information but at this point it's difficult to tell.

Since I'm only a guest member to this site, I can only answer to messages sent to me by members. Could you please send me a message to that we can perhaps discuss further steps that I could take for you here? Thanks.
Take care,
Linda
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
mloncaric13 17 Aug 2013 12:41AM GMT 
mloncaric13 17 Aug 2013 12:42AM GMT 
aksamitnik01 17 Aug 2013 5:29AM GMT 
mloncaric13 17 Aug 2013 10:16PM GMT 
linda65Z 22 Aug 2013 6:56PM GMT 
mloncaric13 22 Aug 2013 9:14PM GMT 
linda65Z 24 Aug 2013 6:14PM GMT 
mloncaric13 24 Aug 2013 9:08PM GMT 
per page