Search for content in message boards

Wanasek Family in České Budějovice

Replies: 5

Wanasek Family in České Budějovice

Posted: 1 Dec 2010 1:40PM GMT
Classification: Query
My name is Ken Wanasek. I live in the United States.
I am wondering if anyone might be able to help me.

I am doing some Genealogy Research regarding my family, and was wondering if anyone can direct me to the correct person where I might be able to determine some family information regarding my 3rd Great Grandfather & Grandmother who lived in České Budějovice.

Jacob Wanasek (Jakob?) & Anna China (not sure if this is the correct spelling for Anna’s last name – Chyna?) lived in Ceské Budejovice, South Bohemia, Czech Republic from about 1818 – 1880?:

They had a minimum of two children:
Rosalia Wanasek b. 14 Mar 1841
Joseph Wanasek b. 18 Feb 1843

Rosalia Wanasek married Franz Formann (also from Bohemia - born abt. 1839) and then migrated to the US together approximately 1865 to Milwaukee Wisconsin USA.

Her brother Joseph Wanasek traveled to the US in 1868 and also lived in Milwaukee Wisconsin USA. But married in the US to Margaretha Kasinger (from Austria - daughter of Joseph Kasinger & Barbara Tischler).

I contacted the Catholic Archdiocese in the Czech Republic to see if I could obtain some family records. They were very kind but unable to help and suggested I contact the State Dept. in Treborn. When I tried to contact them by email as given to me, it was returned undeliverable. (see address below).

Any help or direction is greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your consideration.

Ken Wanasek

Note: This is the contact info I revieved from Fr. Bishop.

In answer to your letter from 17.08.2010 according your searching for your ancestore we have to inform you as follow:
Our durch archieves are not able to help you in this case, the old documents are not in thein possession.
Their owner is yet the state.
The address of archiv is:

Statni oblastni archiv v Treboni
Zamek
CZ-379 11 Trebon
Email: soat@tiscali.cz
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
kwanasek 1 Dec 2010 8:40PM GMT 
ZlaticaBeca 2 Dec 2010 2:15AM GMT 
kwanasek 2 Dec 2010 2:28AM GMT 
jlmurray591 7 Sep 2011 12:10AM GMT 
kwanasek 7 Sep 2011 11:08AM GMT 
jlmurray591 7 Sep 2011 2:11PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions