Search for content in message boards

Cannot find 1880s + record, Dolní Loučky, Maria Flek Kopřiva

Replies: 2

Re: Cannot find 1880s + record, Dolní Loučky, Maria Flek Kopřiva

Posted: 2 Jan 2014 12:36PM GMT
Classification: Query
My thoughts exactly -- go look back in Krinzinkov where she came from. But they are gone from the ancestral home #4 -- an older brother of her father is living there. I suspect she was an only child, and her mother might have also died young. Here is her birth record, right side first one, house 50:

http://actapublica.eu/matriky/brno/prohlizec/6611/?strana=13...

I find it interesting that there is a house 50 on the left side, also.

We didn't have this data yet when we visited 4 years ago; we only stopped at house #4 where the previous generation lived.

The side effect of not being able to find Maria is that I have started compiling lists of Fleks from the various registers. I probably wouldn't be so interested in them if I had found Maria's death date. Frequently I am puzzled by folks who can't find their late 1800s ancestors. Well, I am getting my share of that, and so I will be more sympathetic to them. It still gives me pause. 1885 is not 1825; one should be able to find people who were not trying to hide.

Dolni Loucky is not far from Tisnov, and I looked through records there, too, just in case there was a hospital. There is a monastery or convent there -- Porta Coeli? Predklasteri? I will research it and see if they took care of the sick. But I might have just looked through the parish records, not the ones associated with the monastery.

Thanks, Katka.

Mary

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
marylevesque2... 1 Jan 2014 11:04PM GMT 
aksamitnik01 2 Jan 2014 6:33PM GMT 
marylevesque2... 2 Jan 2014 7:36PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions