Search for content in message boards

Francuz Family

Replies: 4

Francuz Family

Posted: 23 Aug 2008 6:54PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Francuz, Rojacek
I will be traveling to the Czech Republic next year and intend to see if I can find relatives that didn't immigrate to the USA as my Grandparents did in 1906 and 1907.They said they we're Bohemian but knew they came from Silesia. Addresses stated Radvanice, Zarubek Polska Ostrava. They came to America a group of people who we're friends, or related. Most had one sponsor who said he was from Podborc but married a woman born in Ostrava and stated she was from Silesia Zarubek. All 9 people came from an area near Ostrava.
My family name is Francuz this spelling seems to cause many problems even in Europe. Some immigration records spell it correct others spell it Franzus,Francis, Franeuz etc,etc. This even happens to this day. All this information I have discovered from USA Immigration records,and shipping records. I have not discovered church records from the Austria- Hungarian Empire.My family was Catholc if that's of any help. My Grandpa's name was Karel Francuz and my Grandma's was Terezie Rojacek Francuz.If anyone can help me find information from the Czech Republic It would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance, Joseph Francuz
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
jfrancuz 24 Aug 2008 12:54AM GMT 
danfrancuz 28 Mar 2009 7:15PM GMT 
jfrancuz 28 Mar 2009 8:58PM GMT 
ZlaticaBeca 29 Mar 2009 12:23AM GMT 
MCG_family_re... 16 Nov 2010 9:58PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions