Search for content in message boards

STURM of Budisov nad Budisovkou (Bantsch)

Replies: 1

STURM of Budisov nad Budisovkou (Bantsch)

Posted: 15 Jan 2013 10:44PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: STURM UHLIG PITSCH MERTEN RICE
I am looking to collect information on the ancestors and descendants of Rudolf and Paulina (Uhlig) STURM.

Rudolf STURM was born in Austria around 1868. I think that he may have been born or lived in a town called Bantsch (sp?). I have learned that this town may have been renamed ‘Budisov nad Budisovkou’ and now be within the borders of the Czech Republic. His parents were Joseph STURM and Theresa PITSCH. At this time I do not know if he had any siblings.

Rudolf married Paulina UHLIG probably sometime around 1895. Her parents were Leonard UHLIG and Marie MERTEN. Records for Paulina show her being born in Austria, Czechoslovakia, or Bosnia; I know borders and names have changed many times since then.

The couple had four children in Austria: Marie (1896), Joseph (1898), Rudolf David (1899), and Franz (1900). Rudolf left Europe in 1903 and settled in Hoquiam, Grays Harbor County, Washington state. Paulina followed shortly thereafter with the four children. In Hoquiam, the couple had five more sons: Paul (1905), Earnest (1906) George John (1907), Maximillian (1910), and Carl (1913).

George John married Lovilla Stella RICE (b. 30 Mar 1904, Aberdeen, WA). They were my great-grandparents. Any help you can provide would be much appreciated.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
peters_willia... 16 Jan 2013 5:44AM GMT 
MoravaCzech 11 Oct 2013 10:57AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions