Search for content in message boards

VESELOVSKY - Cernilov / Hradec Kralov

Replies: 3

VESELOVSKY - Cernilov / Hradec Kralov

Posted: 7 Mar 2007 8:41PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Veselovsky, Slezak
Hello! I am American and married an Australian. His father immigrated to Australia in 1950 from Czechoslovakia and left all of his family there (mother, sisters and a brother). Sadly, my husband's father died on a trip back to Czech to visit his family in 1984. My husband's mother cut off contact to her inlaws after her husband's death.

Some years ago I talked with my MIL and found out some information. That info didn't help much - I kept hitting dead ends. Well, I found out last night from her that she gave me "misinformation" because she finds the idea of family histories and genealogy to be intrusive. She laughed and apologized and gave me what she said to be the truth. In any case, I don't know what to do with the information she gave me, short of making a trip across the ocean to do first hand research. This is where I need help - we are in the US now - is there any place I can go, on the net or in person, to do some czech research?! I've googled and clicked all over the place, but am not coming up with much. I did find http://www.czechfamilytree.com/ which offers census look-ups for a fee, but little else. Is that about it for online documents? Does anyone have any tips? Is there any searching I can do from here?

What I know is:

Frantisek VESELOVSKY married Anna Slezak(ova) in Cernilov and they had 4 children: Vlasta, JOSEF, Milada and Jaroslav. Josef being my husband's father, b. 12 February 1926. I have no dates on anyone else, and no one is sure of the spelling of the siblings' names.

Thanks for any hints or tips! I'm considering writing to every Veselovsky in the area, but since my MIL cut off communications with her inlaws, I'm not sure the letter would be greeted with a smile!

Thanks!
Cassie
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
trekkies1 8 Mar 2007 3:41AM GMT 
nelgb2 30 Nov 2009 1:21AM GMT 
ZlaticaBeca 30 Nov 2009 3:27AM GMT 
ZlaticaBeca 30 Nov 2009 3:37AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions