Search for content in message boards

Birth record from Cerna za Bory, Pardubice region: help!

Replies: 1

Birth record from Cerna za Bory, Pardubice region: help!

Posted: 19 Aug 2013 9:51AM GMT
Classification: Query

I am on the trail of my ancestor, Vaclav/Wenceslaus Balada. He was born in the Pardubice region of Czechoslovakia, but immigrated to Budapest as a young man; we, the family, always assumed he -- and we! -- were Hungarian until we recently discovered this information. We are excited to learn more about our Czech origins.

I have found, with wonderful help from the Zamrsk State Archives, the 1842 birth register for my ancestor, Wenceslaus Balada. He was born in Cerna za Bory, in the Pardubice parish. The people at the Archive were able to give me some details of what the record says, but not entirely. It seems to be quite complicated.

Through the kind assistance of an Ancestry member on another Message Board, I know that he was illegitimate, the son of Elizabeth/Alzbeta Kruparova, who was the widow of Jan Horcicka. Apparently, my ancestor was not a son of this marriage. Alzbeta then married a Vaclav Balada about a month after the birth; Balada later adopted my ancestor Wenceslaus. The Ancestry member was able to read that Alzbeta's father was Jan from T____; her mother, Katarina, born Sch____, from Hostovice.

Could someone please offer any additional translation or advice about this record? My Czech language skills are very poor. I am unfamiliar with Czech birth records, what they contain, etc. and cannot read the details here.

I am attaching the first page with this message; the second facing page in a post immediately afterwards. The entry for my ancestor is the very bottom row, November 27, 1842 Wenceslaus; it would be the final row on each page.

Thank you, thank you for any assistance you can offer. I am very grateful.

Meredith
Attachments:
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
mloncaric13 19 Aug 2013 3:51PM GMT 
mloncaric13 19 Aug 2013 3:52PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions