Search for content in message boards

Searching for Dietz family, lost town after WWII

Replies: 2

Searching for Dietz family, lost town after WWII

Posted: 25 Apr 2013 9:37PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Dietz, Hoyer, Boehm, Schnabl
My mother Renate Dietz was born in April 1945 in Lomnice (Steingrub) to parents Josef Dietz b.1907 Velky Rybnik (Großenteich) and Rosa Hoyer b.1912 Novy Kostel (Neukirchen).

I have scanned many church registers (actapublica.eu) in that area looking for records of my grands' birth and marriage to no avail. The small town of Großenteich that my mother heard her parents talk of was razed after WWI as part of the border zone clearing around 1950.

I guess my question would be to ask if anyone knows how I could refine my search of parish registers. Assuming that my grandfathers records still exist, any thoughts on where they might be located now if his hometown is now leveled? My grandmother's town is still there, but also I get no traction searching for her info as most parish records I have found stop before her birth. Are more recent records kept somewhere else than the home district? Just a little lost here, with language barrier and lack of knowledge of them from family.

Any pointers would be appreciated...thanks all.
-- Joe --
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
robeen_joe 26 Apr 2013 3:37AM GMT 
aksamitnik01 26 Apr 2013 5:07AM GMT 
robeen_joe 11 May 2013 11:46PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions