Search for content in message boards

Iam looking for some information about Dirk Huijer van Boekholt born in MÜNSTERLAND GERMANY.

Replies: 6

Re: AW: Iam looking for some information about Dirk Huijer van Boekholt born in MÜNSTERLAND GERMANY.

Posted: 2 Oct 2013 5:42PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello Roy,

I think his name was Dirk Huijer. He came from the village (?) called Boekholt which was the old spelling (I think) of his birthplace , today called Bocholt in Munsterland, Germany. Years ago, maybe this village was part of Holland? Limburg province? I don't know for sure, it is just a guess... the borders changed over time. You could research that.

There is another man mentioned on the document, Barend Kamshoof, with whom Dirk lived. The street (straat) name is there.. Anjelierstraat? but it is difficult to read... also Geadstraat? Anna Bosman lived on Palmstraat which was also near Geadstraat.

Is it possible these streets were in Amsterdam? You could look on a map or gazetteer or directory for a place with streets called Palmstraat and Anjelierstraat and Geadstraat.

Do you have any idea how old this document is? It mentions also that Dirk was 24 years old, and Anna was 26 years old. If you know the year of this record, you could estimate their birth years.

The other ancestors you mentioned... how are they related to Dirk Huijer? Were they born before or after him?

I see the word "Rooms" attached to both Dirk and Anna. I think it refers to a religion, Roman (Romsche?) Catholic??
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Roy Huijer 25 Aug 2013 11:42AM GMT 
InesKess 1 Oct 2013 6:16PM GMT 
joeschrick 2 Oct 2013 7:07AM GMT 
lavlav 2 Oct 2013 4:00PM GMT 
Roy Huijer 2 Oct 2013 6:31PM GMT 
lavlav 2 Oct 2013 11:42PM GMT 
joeschrick 2 Oct 2013 5:00PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions